Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Memories

After sending Meia to school this morning, I was pushing Max in the pram, planning to head for the market when I saw this lady slinging her baby in a MIM sarong sling, one hand full of groceries and the other hand holding a sandwich, eating and walking home (I think) at the same time.

This particular sight evoked some very memorable memories during the time when I had only Meia and very limited help. Those were the most precious memories I would say, at times I wish I could turn back the clock and relive every moment of it.

Then it was just US... the sling became an important part of me. It was slung round my shoulders most of the time. Be it for housework or for shopping/play time. Little Meia would fit snugly and very comfortably in the sling, fingers holding on tightly to the rings on the sarong (as if she was going to fall down :)).

It is a very private kindda feeling. Very warm and loving I should say having my little gal so close to me. Meia is fortunate to be my First Born. She had all my time, love and devotion. I too, enjoyed all those moments we had, it was really just the two of us. We did everything together, right up to the day I delivered Max.

I miss those times very much... but I am also enjoying my time with my other two children, Max and Millia. Building many memorable memories too.

4 Comments:

Blogger D boys' Mum said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:37 PM  
Blogger D boys' Mum said...

i so agree with you! I sling my boy till 18mths whenever i'm out with him. i can't live w/o sling! and helps to bond us. love the way he look up at me or lie on my chest:)

11:38 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Yes I was slinging her even though I was pregnant with Max then... we had many adventres together, the one I remembered clearly was the bus-mrt trip to the airport... juz the two of us! :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger wan yee said...

me, too!
i missed the time when i sling yx wherever i went. for the 2nd one, i did that for shorter period 'cos probably age catching up, can't sling him long when we went out.

your blog brings all the sweet moments i had with yx during the sling period.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home