Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy 9 mths Meia (24 May 06)

9 mths has whizzed past in a flashed, and pretty soon, Meia will be going to be a year old. I am certainly looking forward to it and patiently waiting for her to talk n walk.

My thoughts as a mom for 9 mths? I'm still at it, and trying to be a good one. I always worry that Meia will be lagging behind her peers, I have yet to send her to any classes, nor have I flashed her any flash cards or anything educational; but upon reading fellow blogger n gf, Joyce's blog (http://www.mummyjoys.blogspot.com/), I realised, hey, I'm not alone . I don't need any special educational stuff, I can let Meia learn with the 'real stuff', I bring her round the garden in the evenings n teach her what bananas n papayas are. She enjoys touching the bananas n papayas, n will flash me a big smile after that :) She also loves to stop to 'smell' the flowers, oh well, I think she prefers to pluck the leaves... heh heh... I sling her everyday for walks, points the bus, cars, taxis, bikes etc... in her own simple way, she's learning.

Educational stuff n enrichment classes don't come cheap these days, and as a SAHM I do not have the luxury nor extra cash to spare. I want to let her enjoy her childhood as I did mine, my mom did not shove me into doing anything extra, I forced her to buy me a piano n bugged to have lessons, cause most of my maternal cousins are well to do n they all have music lessons. Yes, I do hope that Meia will one day learn either the piano or the violin, I prefer the violin as I think its a beautiful instrument, n if she can fulfill what I can't do, that'll be great. BUT, it all depends on Meia. I'll let her have her options. If she finds that she enjoys music n dance, I'll let her pursue it. I don't want to force anything down her throat. Meanwhile all she has to do now is to eat, sleep, play n be healthy n happy.

I also know that these 9 mths has robbed my hubby of his wife, I know he feels that he has 'lost' his wife to his baby girl. Sorry Big M, juz want u to know that I still care n love u pretty much, but small m needs me more now. I am also trying to balance life as a wife n a mother, but pretty often the latter 'eats' n takes all my energy away. At the end of the day, I am often left drained...

I also know that u are working hard to provide a comfortable life for all of us, I know u've been pretty stressed up at work, n have been putting in extra hours this week. We haven't spoken for a few days, n that's been nagging me at the back of my mind. I do hope u understand me, the neglect is not intentional. I guess we are all adjusting, n u are adjusting to Fatherhood as well. Give Meia some time to bond with u, its only natural she sticks to me because, I'm her main caregiver, but I believe she'll take to u when she's older. Juz hang in there okie?

Meia, mommy n daddy will always love u.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home