Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Updates


Haven't been blogging as much lately... (spirit is willing, but body is too tired) hahaha.... been too caught up with Kiddos!!! Lately I've changed their routine... for starters, they sleep earlier now... second, they get less TV time, instead they get more outdoor time :) (have to be thankful that my house has a big garden they can run in). Thirdly, they also get more 'study' time. Though Meia attends Nursery, I make it a point to go through what she has learnt in school... Michael has redecorated the study room, complete with carpets and nice drawers for each kid (yes even little baby Millia has her own). I've put up some charts, bought lotsa activity and craft books for them. Though Max is still young, I thought it'll be good to start him early. Since he likes doodling, we give him free hand in doodling, but that is only STRICTLY on paper. I figured it would be easier to train him in his penmanship when it's he's turn to go to school. No, I'm not being the KIASU parent, but just want to instil good habits...

Meia's insect collection has grown from grasshoppers to caterpillars, we saw a caterpillar in my pot of 'Fu Gui Hua' flowers and Meia wants to see how caterpillars change to butterfiles, so I took the caterpillar out and kept it... the other insect is a Moth, which has since died... see my kiddos love insects... This is good too as I can start Meia on simple science... now she knows her five senses, most of the fruits and veggies and can tell u in English n Chinese. Her teacher has even mentioned that she's a fast learner and has shown great improvement. I'm glad I did the right thing in changing their routine... :)

For me... sometimes it does get rather stressful (hey who says being a SAHM isn't stressful, we get our share of stress too in other forms...), like last night, I didn't have the mood to teach, but knew I had too, so what did I do??? I sang and sang to them their nursery rhymes before I started teaching... singing... its a great way to destress...

Here's a pix of the spooky theme craft I did with Meia... its from the Charlie n Lola craft Magazine! I think its a great buy as the mag is filled with colourful and creative activities!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger D boys' Mum said...

hi.. where did you get the magazine from? is it crafts suitable to do it with my 2 yo boy?

10:13 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Its the Charlie n Lola mag... can get at NTUC, 7-11, think some newstands may have also. I think its more suitable for 3yrs n above... depending on the activity.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home