Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chicken Fried with Dried Chilli




As my maternal Grandma names it.... This simple yet tasty dish is often seen laid on the dinner table. It is one of my favourite dishes and Ah-ma sure knows it very well. Will always remember the taste, the tenderness of the chicken.... YUM!!!!

I tried cooking it myself the other day. Didn't taste as good as Ah-ma's. Anyway, here's my version... think I didn't add the Knorr Chicken powder seasoning...

Ingredients
1. 1 boneless chicken thigh
2. 4-5 stalks of dried chilli (wash and cut into half)

Marinade
1. 1 Tablespoon of light soya sauce (according to your taste, if you're using more than 1 thigh maybe can add slightly more)
2. Pepper to taste
3. Chicken Powder seasoning (Optional)
4. Corn flour or Potato Starch Powder (I used Potato Starch to tenderise the chicken)

Steps
1. Cut chicken thighs to cubes and Marinade for half a day (or overnight if you like)
2. Heat oil till wok is hot, stir fry the dried chillies for 1 min then pour in the chicken. Stir fry till cook.

* I added a dash (half a teaspoon) of Dark Soya Sauce for colour halfway while stir frying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home