Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 14, 2007

Meia and Fever

It was Monday early morning 2am. I had just finished feeding Max his night feed when my little gal woke up and started a very silent conversation with me (she knows her brother is asleep :))

Meia : mimi....
Me : yes darling?
Meia : go gai gai...
Me : ok, tomoro we go gai gai okay? but now u must sleep or else no gai gai
Meia : i got money, go buy sweet (I gave her some fifty cent coins to keep in her Barbie wallet last week)
Me : ya ya, if u don't sleep now no going out
Meia : ok (n goes back to sleep)

I smiled to myself and as I pat her to sleep I could feel that her body was very hot. Oh dear, I thought to myself. Don't tell me... I scrambled to get my ear thermometer
and took her temp... 38.5 deg... I broke out in cold sweat... I prayed that she didn't catch any bug or worse, HFMD. Immediately I went to take her face towel and started sponging her... fortunately, she didn't stir. The next morning, her fever went up to 39.1 and she started to vomit and refused any food or drink. She was so listless, so unlike my little bubblegum. Brought her to the PD's. Came back, fed her her meds, luckily she asked for her milk and drank some glucose in the car. She seemed slightly better after her afternoon nap and played awhile. I being the KS mother, started to bring out all her fav snacks, Honey stars, Fruit Loops, Raisin biscuits etc... but she didn't want any of it.

Although her PD ruled out HFMD, I still opened her mouth to check for ulcers, I even checked her hands n feet. I couldn't find any so I tried giving her grapes. Thank goodness she ate them, at least she could stomach something or so I thought... half an hour later, she vomited... she got scared n started to cry. I carried and soothe her and I could see that she was very tired and she even requested to go to bed early... so we did go to sleep early.

Fever is gone now, but cough n cold has set in. U can't believe the amount of phlegm she has, its scary... just this morning, she vomited 3 big pools of phlegm, but I'm glad she did because she felt so much better after that. I'm praying that she gets better soon and that the virus doesn't spread to little Max.

1 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

Hi May, Hope Meia is getting better now. These days lots of children and adults fall sick... take care ya!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home