Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happenings for the past few days

My dad had a heart attack last Saturday... it was very scary as I received a call from NUH A&E at 5.45am informing me that as they speak, my dad's in the operating theatre. I didn't expect this even though my dad was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. I've been nagging him for the longest time to see a doctor. He did so a week before the heart attack.

Went down to NUH CCU in the afternoon for a visit... he was awake already, the nurse was doing some checks as the curtains were drawn. I waited outside for about 10 mins before I could see him. When the curtains were opened, I saw that my dad was hooked up to a heart support machine, with many tubes inserted into his body.... it broke my heart, but I had to keep a brave front n gave him my usual cheery smile. I was glad that he's ok as he managed to crack a few jokes, n told me what had happened.

This incident was a wake up call. I always thought my dad was a healthy person, but the recent hospitalisation brought about new findings... besides a heart attack, a high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, he had serious diabetes...... I think my dad was shocked too, but he was also determined to quit smoking for good (he actually quit for 6 yrs but picked it up again...)n to have a healthy lifestyle. I think this whole episode scared him. Well, it scare the hell out of me too.

My dad had been discharged. No driving for a month (meaning no income...) but I'm glad that he made the decision to come back to Singapore for good last year, otherwise, he would have died alone in Malaysia... I've bought lotsa food stuff that's suitable for diabetics, even for a non-milk drinker, I think he's willing to drink it now. Everything has to change, his lifestyle, his diet n all.

But I thank God that my dad is ok. He has been given another chance to live his life, healthily.

6 Comments:

Blogger about LeEcHoO said...

hope ur dad speedy recovery!!
take care!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Yes, thank God your dad's fine now, it's so scary, lik u mentioned, anyway, take good care of yourself too. :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

Glad to hear yr dad's fine :)

Take Care of yrself too :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger wan yee said...

glad that he is recovering well. :)

take care!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:18 PM  
Blogger iloveshoes said...

hey, hope your dad recovers fast. you take care

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home