Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 27, 2006

It has been a long n tiring week

My previous post was on meia being sick, well she actually had cold sores!!! the blisters on the tongue n chin started to appear after she saw the PD on Thursday. Was thinking to myself surely an ulcer on the lower lip won't make her so irritable n unable to sleep. N those horrible scary red pus like pimples kept me worried. So I brought her to the pd again on Monday. By the time we got there, m's blister on the tongue had burst n started to bleed... n she was in awful pain... gosh, I wished I was the one suffering. She was put on antibiotics, n I was told to watch for warning signs n to admit to KKH should she refused food n drink. Luckily, meia, though in pain didnt refuse her food. I could only give her cold milk, everything had to be cold. n since she rejected her bottle, I had to spoonfeed her... at nite I was left alone to cope with a very waily, irritable baby... who simply refused to sleep on the bed like she usually does... I had to carry her n didn't get much sleep for a week n a half. To top it up, her 4 first molars all are errupting! No wonder she was extra cranky, n clingy.

It has been a week now, n Meia is slowly recovering. I'm glad to see she back to her normal cheery n cheeky self.

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Gosh, sounds painful, glad she's getting better, I haven't a clue how to look out for cold sores too!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Hope she will recover soon!

2:34 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

so glad she has won the battle :)

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home