Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Meia's first taste of home made pasta

Meia has been eating porridge for quite some time, I feel rather 'tired' seeing the porridge, I guess Meia feels bored eating the same thing everyday too. Hey she's after all a little human being. We adults get sick of the same food if we eat it daily. So I decided to cook pasta for her. I was at my mom's and I saw that mom has a packet of ABC mini pasta in the fridge. So I told my grandma that I am bringing it home to cook for meia.

Yesterday Meia had her first taste of pasta, n I am proud to announce : - She LOVES it!!! the first spoon of pasta was rather funny, she has this expression 'ehhh this is not porridge?' after that she kept wanting more, usually for her porridge, I always have to coax her to open her mouth, chew n swallow, but yesterday, she wolfed it down :) Here's how I prepared it : -

I used chicken drumstick to make the stock

Ingredients
1 chicken drumstick (complete with skin)
3 cups of water (for stock)
3 cups of ABC pasta (approx)
1 mini chicken egg yolk (home grown chicken) for ppl who don't know, I have 3 hens as pets in the house

Method

1. Bring water to boil, add chicken drumstick in n simmer for 1 min, this is to get rid of the 'dirt'
2. Pour 'dirty' water away n add abt 3 cups of water. Dump the chicken in n cook for 20 mins
3. Put the abc pasta in the slow cooker, add water n cook for 2 hrs till soft... for toddlers with more teeth, don't have to cook till so soft
4. Scoop out some of the stock, leftover can be kept in the fridge for use the next day. Peel chicken meat into small tiny pieces, beat an egg n cook it thoroughly, lastly, add in the pasta n bring to a boil.

I did step 4 half an hr before meia's lunchtime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow steady leh....think i will write down and instruct my helper to cook this for jacia. Think she also got *sick* with her porridge.

From: Jacia's mummy

12:41 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Whoa! I shld try it too! Chicken stock sounds more yummy!

Lia has gotten sick of her ABC pasta cos I did not really do much of a stock for her. Merely added veg (cauliflower or broccoli or corn, etc) to boil for like 15 mins and then dump in small chicken pieces (or minced pork) and tofu or shiitake mushrooms... Rather bland when I tasted...

12:57 AM  
Blogger VW said...

Hmm, I oso wanna try... My 1st attempt went down the drain after E spit all the pasta out :(

9:14 AM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

heh heh hope u gals enjoy cooking, n hope the bbs love it... can skip the egg too if u want.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

Sounds delicious! You can try "Mee Siau" (Mian Xian) with mince meat and vegetable too.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home