Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

White Fungus with ginko nuts, lian zi n logan dessert

Deshelling the ginko nuts was a simple task, but deskinning it was quite a PAIN!!!!! at the end of the session, my eyes were crossed.... hahaha

Last night, I cooked the lian zi overnight in the slow cooker for it to soften. This morning, I dumped everything in, lian zi, ginko nuts, white fungus, logan n some red dates. When they're almos done, I threw in a small lump of cane sugar (depending on ur taste). It tasted yummy when I had it juz now.... hahaha (self praise)..

I threw in 10 ginko nuts, 8 lian zi, half a white fugus (i soaked it for a few mins for it to soften), 6 dried logans and 1.5 cups of water.

Ps... I didn't take out the 'bitter' stuff in the middle of the ginko nut as I'm already used to the taste.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Will try this. Thanks for sharing!
Congratulations on your #2 & take care!

1:03 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

may, i had the ginko nuts soaked in hot water first before deskin them. much easier.

2:18 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Ya I wanted to do that yesterday but dunno y landed up din do leh.... hahaha. I do that to chestnuts too.

4:10 PM  
Blogger jean said...

yummy yummy.... i will try that too. I have wanting to cook this dessert but always couldn't get the ingredients.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home