Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Even Though...

Yes, some of u may say I'm a lucky woman, a SAHM who doesn't need to do any housework.... (well at least not for now till the kids are bigger)... even though I've a maid, I'm still very hands on with both my kids. I bathe n feed them, change and wash them when they poo, and I still cook Meia's meals now.

Well, some of u may throw me this question... why can't cope? its not that I can't cope... its more like it isn't easy with a two yr old toddler who doesn't listen at times (anyway, it isn't being a parent)... or some may say, so lucky don't need to do housework, what's so difficult? Well, when u're in my shoes, only then will u understand. Or if your hubby tells u to have the maid sleep with the kids, or leave them in the maid's care... sorry, I don't think I can do that. Since I made the decision to be a SAHM I take it upon myself to ensure that my kids get the best of my time, my love n my everything. In short, though I have a good maid, I rather TRUST myself when kiddos are concerned. No matter how tired I am, when it comes to my kids, they get 101% of my attention.

To my hubby who's reading this... if u happen to visit... its really hard at times... even though I don't work, and I don't have work pressures, I've other issues to deal with at home too. I'm really trying hard to PROVE myself to ur mom n also yourself. I'm not a useless woman (even though u don't think so)... at this stage, I'm sorry I can't help u save the money on having a maid, but when the kids are older (school going age), I'll soldier everything myself, I believe I can manage a semi-d house on my own, complete with cooking n all... if your mom can do it, so can I. I may not be as capable as your mother, but Don't under estimate your wife.

To all who think that I'm a Tai Tai enjoying life, well, u're very wrong here... SAHM doesn't = to a tai tai, its a very very far cry.

Lastly, to my hubby, please do not think I'm not enjoy ing SAHM life, I really DO and its something I willingly do for the rest of my life, with or without a maid.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mumsgather said...

Meia, I hear you. I have been in your position for 5 years now, no maid, but now with a part time helper because of health reasons and its no bed of roses but I wouldn't give up my SAHM job for anything even though its tough job!

6:25 PM  
Blogger wan yee said...

If i have a maid, I wouldn't want my kids to sleep together with her. :)

there are 2 types of SAHM with maid
1) very relax: everything leave it to the maid to do
the other type, i think no need to say lah. I think i would choose the same route as you which is not type 1. :)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Mamabliss said...

yes May... our kids are our own...who better to love and care for them than ourselves... you are doing a great job as a SAHM!!! I salute you May... and you'll have my moral and prayer support anytime you need it... *HUGZZZ*

4:19 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Think you shoulder heavier responsibility as a SAHM, maid helps with housework but not the education.
Currently a SAHM, my gal will be ferried betw my house n the babysitter's sometimes cos i am...errmm...according to my hubby-lazy!..haha.
You have two, and it's definitely not easy.. Stay cool

7:02 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Hi May, I know it is tough for you to take care of your hubby, the kids, the home and your time (all needed your attention). It is not easy to do all these on your own without help. I am not sure if I can cope if I have 2 (God willing).

I can't help you in your daily event but I can pray for you and your family. Prayed that God grant you much strength you need and wisdom to care for your children.

Take care. *hugs*

1:22 PM  
Blogger bee said...

Hi may. I'm in the same situation as you. 2 boys and a maid. I'm a sahm and I can't agree with you more on everything you wrote. It really isn't easy, even with a maid. We still want to try and do everything. Even as a sahm, I still can't escape the guilt a mother often feels about her kids, whether is it the maid sleeping with them or bathing them. I fully identify with you.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May,
Same with you here, even though I have a maid now, at nite I make sure my ger doesnt bunk in with her. I still take care of my ger at nite irregardless of whether sick or not even though I have to work in the day. No doubt it is tiring but its worth it when we see how our child recognises our effort and the bonding resulting from all these :) Jiayou!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Giselle said...

Hi..i stomped on ur blog by chance..was searching for something which i can't remember..hope u don't mind ( celestial_dweller)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home