Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gosh was that really me?

Anger and Frustration got the better of me yesterday and as I reflected on the day's activities before going to bed, I was suddenly shocked by my own 'violence'.... n I suddenly felt very bad n sorry towards my daughter. This was what happened.

I was having my dinner and Meia was in the living room playing with my maid. All was well till she came into the kitchen (she's always fond of making life difficult for me especially during meal times) and suddenly decided to throw a tantrum... I for one, since young, am not one to tolerate anyone disturbing me when I'm having my meals for no valid reason (that goes to my ex boss too). She started demanding the maid to open the fridge (opening the fridge for no reason is a no no for me), when I said No, she started to bawl, scream n kick. Next she wanted to pick up a biscuit that dropped on the floor, this is another No No for me cos I'm very particular about Meia's hygiene (especially after the cold sore episode), cry... n scream. I couldn't take it anymore, I went up to Meia, grab her head with my hands, fingers pinching the sides of her cheek n dealt a slap on her face (fortunately, I controlled my strength), told her sternly, but loudly to keep quiet.... she immediately stopped... guess I must have looked very fierce, even my maid was slightly tearing n afraid to look my way...

Was I too hard on my daughter? Afterall she's only 2 years old. Yes, disiciplining them is one matter, but I guess I need to pray for patience n self control each day. Looking back, I don't want the same thing to happen again and I hope I can deal better if something similar happens.

I'm so sorry Meia.

5 Comments:

Blogger ros said...

May, it happens to all of us mummies one time or another, incl me. We nvr meant to b harsh to our little precious one but it all happened due to stress. Don't worry, little ones forgive & forget. :)

3:03 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Ros, I can't help feeling bad for her cos her love for me is so innocent n great. She shares everything with me first, hugs, kisses, food etc... anyway now I remind myself to have self control.

3:41 PM  
Blogger M said...

*hug* stress does that, dun be too harsh on urself.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Mamabliss said...

may i guess the recent events at home has taken a toll on you... that's why you were short with meia...

keep calm... is wat i've been reminding myself this past mth as i took care of my 2 little ones... and praying very hard for wisdom & strength is wat i've been doing... hope this could apply to u as well... :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

May, dun reproach yrself cos at 1 point in time, as parents, we do discipline our kiddos.... im sure u dun mean it, u meant well in a way too

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home