Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2007

U're 2 Years Old now Darling Meia

To my Dearest Daughter

Time files and at the blink of an eye, u're 2 years old already, no longer the little baby when I first held u in my arms when u were first born. Many things have happened during this period of time, we had our fair share of ups n downs. It seemed like yesterday that u made an appearance in our lives, u brought us much joy n laughter and also taught us what pure bliss is, well at least for me as I am home 24/7 with u, watching ur every step n growth. I'm just glad that u're my daughter, someone whom I can call my own, I'm just happy being your Mother or Mi Mi as u call me.

I remember ur first bout of illness slightly after your First Birthday. U were very sick for many days n I had to care for u. U lost so much weight then, and it really pained me when I bathed u during those 2 weeks. There were many ulcers in your mouth n your tongue. U were suffering from cold sores then and lost your appetite. A very worried me tried all sorts of ways to get u to take your milk as well as some solids. After trying many foods, u finally ate Fruit Loops n Pediasure Milk. It was painstaking having to spoon feed u the milk, but I was glad that u're eating n recovering. When u recovered, Mommy made sure everything u ate was healthy n I admit I went a little paranoid n made sure u ate ur Vit C n Multi vitamins. I don't want you to go through such a painful period again. Never ever.

Mommy would also like to take this chance to apologise to you for my behaviour. I am a very new parent and like u, I'm also learning. I guess giving birth to a baby is easy, but bringing up one is an uphill task and being a good parent, whose patient n who knows just the right thing to do isn't easy. I must admit I'm not exactly a very Fantastic Mother. I for one am very impatient, with a very bad temper and have been snapping at you lately. Just want you to know that Mommy n Daddy loves u very very much, the Love itself is boundless. Even with your little brother in our lives, you are still n forever will be our Darling Daughter. We know you are also adjusting to life with your little brother, and we are proud that you're taking it well so far, the number of gentle pats u've given him, the sweets u got from the market auntie, u wanted to share with him, taking your toys to your brother when he cries, n u telling me 'di di cry' n then holding my hand, leading me to his room. All these have clearly touched my heart n it shows how much u've grown.

Sorry if I lost my temper at you for very minor things at times. Please forgive me. I can never stay mad at u for long, my heart melts with every little thoughtful move of yours, your bright cheery smile, your wonderful hugs and kisses. When I punish you, and send you for time outs (or time out for myself), its for your own good. It pains me more than it hurts you when I lash out at you or beat u. Mommy will have to work on self-control. I know your love for Daddy n Mommy is pure n innocent, and we hope that we can provide you with everything in our reach, especially in terms of giving u a happy n loving environment to live in. Of course our wish for you is that u be a cheerful, healthy, good-hearted n smart person in future. But for now, we just want you to enjoy your childhood. I'm sorry if I haven't been spending as much time with you, and also hurting your feelings at times... There are countless of sorries I've to say to you.... I'm learning each day too.

Meia, you've brought so much joy into our lives, especially mine :) U'll always be our little darling angel!
We love you!

Happy Birthday Darling!

Love with lotsa hugs n kisses
Daddy n Mommy

2 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

Happy Birthday to You, Meia!

7:01 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

Happy Bday to U Darling Meia!!!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home