Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ah Boy is OUT!!!

Okie, seems that I'm wrong this time about Mex being overdue.... he decided to greet the world on 5 August 2007, Sunday morning. Apparently, both my kids love to 'torture' their mom, cos both decided that either the waterbag bursts or give a bloody show (Mex's turn) at MIDNIGHT... so no sleep for me this time too hahaha.... so here's my birth story.

It was Saturday morning n I was already feeling this great pressure on the front, but didn't pay much attention to it, n even went to the market alone to get some groceries. But I was feeling much more tired than usual. Came home, got changed n everything n went to fetch my new maid. This was a very fateful day, new maid, Michael lost his wallet, me having contractions... hahahaa. To cut the story short, it was quite a busy day.

After dinner, I started to have this passing motion feeling n some light pressure at the buttocks. Called my mom n told her I have this feeling I might deliver anytime from now. After I put Meia to bed, I kept having this tight pulling feeling in my tum, got up at 12.30am, went to relieve myself n to my surprise, found something dropping into the toilet bowl... I immediately wiped myself n found mucus n some blood. Called out to Michael (ya for meia I was in the toilet too when I called for hb) n told him its TIME!!! Called my mom n she immediately rushed over. I got my hospital bag from the cupboard, n as soon as my mom arrived, we left for KKH.

Was checked by the nurse. I was already 2-3cm dilated! No wonder... Gynae came around 2.30am n inserted prostin (pls check spelling haha). There were some contractions, but it wasn't very regular, so gynae said he would come back in the morning to take a look at me. I thought to myself that this time would be faster. At 4am, I felt more pain, so I called for the midwife to check on me, ONLY 3 cm STILL!!!!!!! AARGHHH!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!! nevermind, decided to rough it out n get some sleep. Finally at 8am gynae came n checked on me, alamak still 3cm dilated! This time he did something, n finally told me I'm 4cm dilated n that he'll put me on the DRIP!!!!!!! KENA INDUCED AGAIN!!!!!!! AAhhh nevermind, anything to get baby out FAST!!!! So was put on the drip again...

At 11am I felt tremendous PRESSURE!!! called for midwife, she checked n told me I'm 5cm. ok great n I yelled 'YEAH!!!' 11.30am, even MORE PRESSURE, called her in n found out I was fully dilated, midwife said I could push gently at the next contraction while she called for my gynae (luckily he had 3 other women to deliver next few rooms). Dr Tham came n checked n told me to PUSH! I told him yeah!!! Finally!!!

Although Mex was much bigger than Meia, I pushed him out in 4 pushes. RELIEVED at last!!!!!!! Mex came out, a big bouncy baby weighing at 3.466kg, and 50cm in length.

N the first thing I asked my hb....??? BOY right????

14 Comments:

Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

MAY, SO HAPPY TO REC YR SMS THEN!!!! now awaiting to see Prince's pix!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Congrats.. but hor.. why no photos de? :p

2:38 PM  
Blogger Mamabliss said...

Wow great to record a birth story, Mex will know how he was being delivered... maybe I should do one too for Joyce... teehehe

5:35 PM  
Blogger ML said...

Congrats may! That time we were still pregnant and now you have already popped. But it's really so lucky that you didn't gain any weight at all and yet bb is quite heavy. Take care

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The way u ask your hb is so funny...Boy, right!
I thought the midwife would announce the "gender" for you?

3:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Forgot to add "Congrats" !!!! hee hee

3:09 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

haha yes cindy, when i said that she faster carry the bb to me n showed me his genitals!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Thks gals for all ur well wishes, will try to upload his pix as soon as possible.

8:33 PM  
Blogger M said...

Congrats May, rest well! :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Thanks for sharing your birth story... still would like to congratulate you one more time :)

Congratulation!!!

12:32 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Congrats !!!! Take Care & Rest well !

4:32 PM  
Blogger iloveshoes said...

hey...congrats! I'm back in SG leh...are u at your mom's? Where's Fran? She deleted her Lj! I miss her!

5:40 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Candy, I'm at Bishan. Right now serving my jail term.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Gong xi gong xi!!!
Will be waiting to c your prince.Take care and have a good confinement!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home