Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lucky

My hb made this remarked on Monday morning where he took half a day off to attend to some urgent matters at home. Meia was bouncing up n down on his lap while I was showing him a very funny video clip of Meia.

Big M : (to hb) ah mi is so lucky to be able to stay home n watch u grow up!!!

Yes, I'm thankful n grateful that I'm one of the lucky few to be able to stay home n watch my kids' growth n not miss out on any important milestones. Life is not a bed of roses as a SAHM, but to me nothing is more important than keeping my family happy together.

I know some people (friends n also s close relative of mine)who sorta look down on me for the path I've chosen. Recently this close relative of mine sorta snubbed me for relying on Michael for money n not being financially independent like before (well she's not a mother herself n will never understand family life with kids). She even laughed saying 'lucky I'm not u' when I told her that I've never regretted my decision. Fortunately she shut up when I replied her 'I'm proud being a Mother!'

I was rather upset by her remarks n cried. I spoke to Michael about it n told him that I've never regretted my decision to be a SAHM n he agreed that its something respectful n not to be looked down upon. This, is a decision we both made when I fell pregnant.

I do not blame this relative of mine, I know she's very career minded n independent (good for her, cos I know she has many 'responsibilities) but that doesn't mean she can step on n demean me in this manner. I'm hurt n even told my Mother 'nevermind telling her after I've delivered Mex, I don't need such a person in my life'... of course, those were words of anger (yes I do admit I'm still a little angry now), but to me, a family member is for life, u just can't shut that person out just because of some crazy hurtful words.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mamabliss said...

yes May, the choice to be a SAHM is not an easy one... and the responsibilities of a SAHM is huge... a lot of ppl don't realise that...therefore we hv a lot of deliquency probs and parents who faced with huge communication/disciplinary probs with their children bec they are too focused on their career and making $$$...

a mother's job is ever so important and sacred... how your child will turn out to be is exactly reflective of how much attention and hard work you've put into raising them.

Don't mind other people's comments, as long as both you and Michael agree that this is the right thing to do... ;)

You have my moral support!!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Thanks Pauline. Not many ppl see us SAHMs as being useful to the society n that we are just housewives. To me, my family is everything. We just have different priorities in life, somehow some ppl just fail to see it n think that their thoughts are always right.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Some weeks back, I read an article in the papers and this lady whom wrote it abolished the term 'Housewife' and gave us a new title as 'Domestic Manager'! Well, come to think, we sure live up to this title! WAhahaha!

I always see myself as important as my hubby despite him being the one bringing back the dough. SAHM nowadays are very diff from our parents' generation. We are educated, we know what's happening around, and we sure know to complain! :D

4:53 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Yeah!!! Kudos to all SAHMs out there!!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

May, i like yr ans to tt kaypoh relative... wat do these pple know... pple make personal choices,so who is she to make those comments?

you're doing v well for a SAHM, so dun let these insensitive pple with insensitive remarks get to u ok? *huggies*


EM

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home