Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 03, 2007

Visit

My good friend came to visit me this afternoon with her Daughter n Son and we had a really good chat admist 2 running toddlers, some very noisy toys and a very sweet n quiet 10 mth old baby boy, who's cruising n crawling. Suddenly life for me felt 'SANE' again. Why? U ask? Maybe its because I haven't had company from people my age come talk heart to heart n what more a very close n good friend whom u have absolutely nothing to hide, can be yourself (as in no need to doll up specially), who knows u inside out, whose kids are about the same age, and someone whom I can really POUR my heart out to.... well in short, I should say we are just very comfortable with each other.

U will truly understand how I feel when : -

1. U're a SAHM
2. U're handling a active Toddler n a mth old baby
3. U're cooped up at home
4. U're always screaming at the top of ur voice at ur Toddler till ur neighbour calls up to ask why
5. Having to always discuss those afternoon SOAPY TAIWANESE dramas (not by choice) with ur MIL
6. Trying to Potty train ur Kid
7. Reason with your Toddler
8. Sneak out of the house without being seen by your Toddler, lest she BAWLS like no tomorrows
9. Trying to pump your breast milk in peace (w/o having to watch over what your Tod is up to)
10. Trying to tell your hb how u feel w/o him telling u that everything can be trained... (Pressure man)
11. Trying to eat your meals in peace (w/o any interference ie. itchy fingers wanting to touch ur hot bowl of soup, screaming toddler, a toddler who refuses a wash after a poo, a hungry crying mth old baby etc..)
12. Trying to get ur Toddler to nap
13. Trying to pack n keep ur stuff as neat as possible (lest the hubby complains)
14. Trying to pacify the hungry n angry baby to have his milk (can't let him wait too long else he doesn't wanna drink)

Not that I'm not enjoying being a SAHM, incase u misunderstand, I really DO enjoy spending time with my kiddos... just that SAHMs are humans too and need a space to RANT and I choose to do it here...

The list just goes on n on n on n on....

BUT back to the topic, I really enjoyed her company, as well as her 2 kiddos. Hopefully the next time we meet, it would be a more relax atmosphere....

Thanks for visiting Pal!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mamabliss said...

muahahaha item no. 10 sounds so familiar... lets meet up one of these days... am gearing up to be a SAHM and would def need some gd advice from u on how to cope as a SAHM...

2:16 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Yes kekeke Item 10 I believe sounds very familiar to all the mommies here....

Dearie, I'm also learning each day as a SAHM. We can learn from each other :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

May, u have been v brave to embark on this journey. I salute SAHMs cos wat they're doing in really wei da.

10:15 PM  
Blogger May said...

i enjoyed the afternoon at your place too. so sorry my kids messed up your place and meia's nap time...i'm looking forward to spending more time with you and your kids. do miss the good ole days when we were young, single and w/o all these commitments.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home