Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Heartache II

This morning, meia didn't have her usual morning nap as I brought her out to J8 for some grocery shopping. It was around 11am when we reached home. My helper n Meia were in the living room watching Barney and I was busy preparing Meia n hb's lunch. All was fine n Meia behaved herself rather well during that short period of time.

When hb finally came down for lunch, Meia was pretty excited (cos she loves eating our food, that is from our bowl, hahaha) and ran to her daddy asking for FOOD. All was well, Barney was playing in the background n she hugged n kissed her daddy when the I love u I love me song played.... till Meia suddenly decided she wanted to take daddy's chopsticks to feed herself. No, she doesn't know how to use the chopsticks yet, she could only use them to poke his tau kua, but she wasn't accurate n got gravy all over her face n eyelids, hb tried to clean her, she screamed... okie, hb gave her another chance to have a poke at the food... she dirtied herself evenmore..... so hb decided enough was enough, he tried to take back the chopsticks from Meia, but she put up a fierce fight n REFUSED to let go, thus......... a little fight began... hb yanked the chopsticks from her n she started to bawl big time, lying on the floor (something she hadn't done in a long while cos whenever she does that I will discipline her), she lied there crying n wailing n screaming her lungs out.... we didn't like her to scream, warned her to stop but she continued to scream, so hubby slapped her thighs.... manz my heart ached like crazy upon seeing it, but what to do, when u gotta discipline u gotta do it. Yes, I often blog about my heartaching when I beat my little gal, but I guess my heart aches even more when I see my hb do the act (cos he seldom beats her, infact i think this is the first time).... who would have known this would happen.... one min they were hugging n kissing, n the next..... manz I think Michael's heart ached even more....

Finally her carried a crying Meia n passed her to me... she was tired out by all the crying n promptly fell asleep when I carried her up to the room....

My heart is crying now.... is this halfway to the Terrible Twos? I think it has already started.....

13 Comments:

Blogger Wenz 宛仟 Denz 浩安 Xenz 燿榜 said...

Ohhhh......I can understand how u feel cos I felt the same way when my hubby did the disciplining on Wenzel.

I guess Terrible Twos had really started. But we juz have to tide them thru isn't it??

Oh ya, btw can I link u to my blog?? Thks!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Sure! n I'll link u up too!

12:38 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Hi May, understand how you feel about the spanking but like you said, when you have to discipline, you have to do it. It is for Meia's own good.

Personally, I do not believed in terrible 2 and it will pass. I believed that we can discipline the child when she throws her tantrum, temper or doing undesirable things.

Not that both my husband and I are not heartache (we even cried with Grace the 1st time we discipline her even now), but we find that such behaviour can be totally avoided. But of cos, both Michael and you have to agree on it.

If not, the lil one finds any loophole, she will work on the other parent. Just to tell you that both michael and you are doing the right thing. After the discipline, do let Meia knows that such behaviour is not allow thus daddy-mommy got to discipline her. Give her a hug and reassure her that you still love her.

Soon, she will know what she can do and what she can't. *hug hug for you*

Sorry, don't know why I can't login to my old blogger acct. So abit confusing here regards to login. (http://mommyjean.wordpress.com)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Wenz 宛仟 Denz 浩安 Xenz 燿榜 said...

Hi May, thanks!! Link up liao. :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Gwen and Glenys said...

I went thru that stage too. It was realy really horrible!! Luckily for me was that when I was pregnant with my 2nd gal, Gwen's "terrible two" not yet started. *Phew*

Nowadays, Gwen has started to show signs of "Terrible Two" being faded.. Hopefully... Haha.

Oops, sorry... I peeped into ur blog.. :P

4:49 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Hi Gwen n Glenys

Thks for stopping by!!!

5:45 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

Hi Jean, no worries, I know who u are, regardless of which a/c u're using... heheheheh... yes its tough being parents, n being a good one is another thing.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Gwen and Glenys said...

Hi May, can i link ur blog to mine??

7:45 PM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

sure gwen n glenys!!! can i link u up as well?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Gwen and Glenys said...

Thank U!! :) And my blog is at http://www.yummiebabes.blogspot.com

7:46 PM  
Blogger french toast friday said...

hi mommy to meia,

it's fairuz who used to be at creativesisters.blogspot.com. i now have a new 'home' and i'm commenting from there. wanted to email you but you didn't list yr address. anyways, thought you might want to join this little contest i'm having to introduce my new blog site. visit www.frenchtoastfriday.blogspot.com to take part.

and oh...i'm facing the same 'halfway to terrible twos' with my 16-month-old son.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Mamabliss said...

hi may, i may not be qualified to tell you what is the right thing to do... just wish to share that tim is also showing signs of independence, and resist us from prohibiting him to do something dangerous to himself... what we normally do is, knowing that he'll throw a fit of temper tantrum, we offer him some other distraction before taking the thing that's dangerous out of his hands... not sure if that will work with meia... but i guess, if we could foresee a temper tantrum coming we could try to find alternative ways to distract them before the 'symphony' starts... ;)

Just my 2cts worth of sharing...

8:48 AM  
Blogger MommytoMeia said...

thks pauline, yes, we do that to meia too, the distraction part... it works at times only.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home