Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 09, 2007

I'm a great sinner

This morning Meia was very difficult during bathtime. At first she told MIL that she wanted to go upstairs to have her bath (I juz finished my shower n had prepared her water). So MIL took Meia's hand n led her upstairs. Halfway up the stairs Meia saw me n suddenly wanted to go down again. Both Mil n I stopped her n she threw a fit right smack at the middle of the stairs. She was kicking wildly n I thought it was pretty dangerous so I forcefully carried her up to the bathroom.

The trouble began in the bathroom. She didn't want her hair washed, but I insisted on it because she was all sweaty n smelly after her morning run in the garden, so I sat her down on my lap n started wetting n shampooing her hair.... manz she kicked n kicked. Good thing I positioned her on my side so she didn't kick my tum. Quickly rinsed n put her inside the bathtub. Meia made a big fuss kicking n splashing water all over the toilet n all over me. Okie, here's the part that really ATE me. I guess Anger got the better of me, I got so fed up, I used the small ice cream cup, scooped water n poured several cups of water over her head, she cried n cried..... as soon as I've finished the deed, I felt GUILTY, my heart bled, n I felt BAD. WHY did I do it??? I took the towel n dried her face. Surprisingly, she calmed down after that, but I felt worse... I continued bathing her in silence... a truck whizzing past broke the silence when Meia turned to me n said 'truck'.... n I smiled at her n she did likewise. Later on we played with the bubbles n I imitated Jasper the Clown (from Wheels on the Bus) n managed to crack many laughters from my little gal....

I still feel bad as I'm writing this. I feel I should have better control of my temper.

2 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

That's what I do when I wash Chloe's hair, pour water over her head. Myabe she's used to it, so she didn't cry or scream. But when my hb did the shower for her she will cry and scream

3:36 PM  
Blogger Mamabliss said...

don't be so hard on yourself dear... it's tough on you when you have to face her everyday 24/7... but we all learn as we go along being a mother...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home