Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Treasure ur kids

Its always very sad n disturbing to hear of someone's / friend's kid passing away. I remember two yrs back, hb told me one of his uni mate's son who was only 4, had passed away due to asthma. My reaction back then was more of shock than sadness. Now 1 yr later as a Mother, my heartaches when I hear or read such things. One can only imagine the pain the parents felt upon witnessing the passing of their beloved child.

At this point, (sorry, I know its not good to question God on this) I often wonder why children, who are gifts from God, are either stricken with illness or taken away suddenly. Why give n then take back? These thoughts are always in my head. Why can't he grant ppl with healthy children? Well, I guess there are profound anwers way too deep for my understanding.

I can only pray hard everyday that little Meia will be in good health till her last days. Ok, I am a 'kiasee' mommy, n eversince Meia's last bout of fever, I tend to freak out when I feel she's slightly warmer than usual n will whip out my thermo to take her temp. U can say I'm kiasu, or kiasee, but I am not taking any chances. For those who know me, Meia IS A GIFT and the greatest one indeed, juz when I was giving up, She came juz in time.

I treasure every moment with her... ok, another stupid thought (yes, I do think far, maybe this is a bit ridiculous, I think too much) I can't bear to leave my baby at the end of my days!!! Oh gosh... the thought of it brings tears to my eyes!!! Silly right? Well, at least now I know being a Mother isn't easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home